Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Few Things About 2011 -- Part 1

It seems a good time to say a few things more about 2011.  It was a fairly eventful year.


A few of those things.....



  • The enormous snow finally melted.  I don't remember when it did, because it took a while.  While it tried to go away, I went to Georgia and Missouri and brought back the warm clothes I had left behind, which was good, because it snowed while I was there.  They make me happy....
  • And on the way to the airport home, I fell and hurt my ankle, damaging a tendon that is in -between my foot and ankle bones.  It isn't an easy place to injure, but I did it.
  • I turned 50.  Still trying to figure out how I am supposed to act and look at this prestigious age.
  • I passed my UK driving test and am now a fully licensed driver.  They do not make it easy, by the way.
  • The General Assembly of the Church of Scotland met in May and I was a commissioner.  Some difficult decisions were made.  I was glad I could be part of it.
  • My cousin Jo Hilton and her husband Scott came to visit!!
  • In June, I participated in the Edinburgh Moonwalk, a 26.2 mile overnight walk to benefit breast cancer research.  I made it!!!  The picture at the top of the blog was taken while I was out on a training walk.  And....I raised just over £1,000 ($1,500) for the night. The picture you see is on the night of the Moonwalk.  We all wore our bras.
  • I visited Dumfries and Galloway for a break, taking Asher and Anna along, going to Whithorn (the home of St. Ninian) and Wigtown (Scotland's Book Town).
That gets us through June.  It was a busy first half of the year.  I will check my calendar now and see what I can tell you about in the second half!

No comments:

Post a Comment