A few of those things.....
- The enormous snow finally melted. I don't remember when it did, because it took a while. While it tried to go away, I went to Georgia and Missouri and brought back the warm clothes I had left behind, which was good, because it snowed while I was there. They make me happy....
- And on the way to the airport home, I fell and hurt my ankle, damaging a tendon that is in -between my foot and ankle bones. It isn't an easy place to injure, but I did it.
- I turned 50. Still trying to figure out how I am supposed to act and look at this prestigious age.
- I passed my UK driving test and am now a fully licensed driver. They do not make it easy, by the way.
- The General Assembly of the Church of Scotland met in May and I was a commissioner. Some difficult decisions were made. I was glad I could be part of it.
- My cousin Jo Hilton and her husband Scott came to visit!!
- In June, I participated in the Edinburgh Moonwalk, a 26.2 mile overnight walk to benefit breast cancer research. I made it!!! The picture at the top of the blog was taken while I was out on a training walk. And....I raised just over £1,000 ($1,500) for the night. The picture you see is on the night of the Moonwalk. We all wore our bras.
- I visited Dumfries and Galloway for a break, taking Asher and Anna along, going to Whithorn (the home of St. Ninian) and Wigtown (Scotland's Book Town).
That gets us through June. It was a busy first half of the year. I will check my calendar now and see what I can tell you about in the second half!